So on our way home form idaho, we stopped in boise where the National Interagency Fire Center is located. It was saturday so most of it was shut down, But we got the chance to go in and see the Fallen Firefighters Memorial. I have always wanted to see and it was very moving to be able to go there. I wish it would have been spring so I could have seen all the wildflowers in bloom.
It was especially nice because the day before we got to meet the woman who runs the Wildland Firefighters foundation. Let me tell you she is a wonderful person...who cares so much about firefighters and the families that lose loved one on fires. She is amazing, I got the chance to see all the she does in 2004 when we lost Dan.....it just amazes me how much she does and how much she cares about everyone. It was awesome to see the WFF booth at a fire camp and to be able to meet some the people who do so much.
I was so excited to see a lot of the guys sign up for their 52 Club (which I have been a member of since 2004). Anyway this is my little plug...if you have a little extra cash just sitting there, the foundation could really use a little help. I normally don't go out and ask people to give their money away but this is something that I really care about.
Anyway if you wan't to learn more go here Wildland Firefighters Foundation
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Wildland Firefighters Foundation
Posted by Amy at 9:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Amen girl! Awesome pics. I still need to get mine uploaded...
Post a Comment