So yes I have been a blogging slacker lately. So here is a little Q& A for you all
1. So amy what have you been up to?
well not a whole lot, just trying to make it till the end of the season, without going insane
2. Well, when is the end of the season, and are you still fighting fires?
right now our tentative lay off date for the seasonals is Nov 8th. My lay off date will probably be 2 weeks after that, hopefully less. We are still available for fires but there aren't really any burning right now, so we have been sitting in station
3. What do you do while sitting in station?
we try to keep ourselves busy...sometimes we have lots of project work to do, but that isn't the case right now....most of the crew including myself are hoping for a big snowstorm our some crazy weather to hit us so we can get laid off sooner
4. Do you think you will go to another fire this year?
I am hoping that we will get an assignment back east...there are rumors that some crews got sent back east since there is still fairly high fire danger there.
5. what else have you been doing besides working?
well not a whole lot. I have found that I don't really enjoy drinking with the guys all that much anymore...its probably because it is the same thing every time...stand around a bonfire and tell the same stories over and over.... I think I have heard them all hundreds of times.
OK that's all I have for now. I am trying to decide if I want to go to fresno today. I am thinking of buying an external hard drive for my lap-top but haven't decided yet.....Also I think some of us may go to the Fresno state football game tomorrow so I dont know if I want to drive down today as well.
hmm such big decisions I have to make
Friday, October 19, 2007
Slacker
Posted by Amy at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
When you come back...we should plan a girls weekend either here...or maybe with the girls in michigan. what do you think? are you up for another road trip to MI?
Amy and Randi-I vote MI for your girls weekend:)
I too vote for MI and you can stay at my house
Post a Comment