As I have said before I started looking for a house this winter. And after looking at numerous houses, seeing lots of bad ones and a few good ones. I found one that I liked and I put an offer on it and it was accepted. I had it inspected on Friday and it was all good. So now all I have to wait for is for the final word from the bank, I dont expect any problems, but you never know. So as long as everything goes well I will move in Mar 1st.
It is nothing special, just a two bedroom house in town. It has a decent sized lot and a one stall garage. The current owners recently passed away so their kids are trying to sell the house so all the furniture that is left in the pictures is mine. The inside needs alittle updating but that is stuff that I like to do. The basement is also livable and in nice condition, so that gives me lots of space.
Some may ask why I want a house when I am not in Hibbing half of the year, but I want my own space and want to invest my money in something. So while house prices in Hibbing are still cheap I decided to buy one.
Hopefully everything else goes well, Ill just have to wait and see.
And yes the 1950's stove does work......and I know that the wall paper is mildly frightening.
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Some Big News
Posted by Amy at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
It looks good... tons of potential. hey, i had a pink stove for a few years. it worked. :)
Congrats!!! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun updating and fixing it up.
Yay for a new house! We got most of our furniture from the lady that lived in our first house before us... she went crazy and her kids put her in a home.
I love the dining room furniture. It looks cherry in color and in excellent condition.
Congratulations on the new home. I completely understand you wanting your own space. Great choice!!
Congratulations!! Very cute... and wallpaper can be removed!!
I wish I had sexy wallpaper and blue counter tops like that in my apartment! I fact I may make it a requirement for my new one. Not sure I could handle that ancient stove though, it would just make me too excited! Hehehe! ;)
Congratulations. You will love owning your own place :)
ok so I love the kitchen, shut up Laura! ;) you could have so much fun with blue contertops, get some snazzy fiestaware... does the stove have a top broiler like Racheal Rays?
congrats. I really like it. It looks like it's in good condition. I like the kitchen--esp. the stove. I like stuff from that era.
Yeah! Congratulations, Amy!
Yeah for new homes!
Congratulations on your new home! :)
Congrats - its so exciting! :) If you need any scary wallpaper removal tips, I'm your lady! :)
Congrats!
You really hit the jackpot buying a furnished home - you'll never have to turn a card table into your dining table :) And I think the stove is really charming - the wallpaper not so much, but that is easily (kind of) removed.
Post a Comment