Well we went back to the zaca fire.....the one thing that I didin't want to happen...
But it turned out better than I had expected...we only worked three shifts on the fire line and we didn't have to hike as much as last time because we ended up "spiking out" as we call it. which means that we just sleep on the fire line and eat MRE's (which are the military rations) but lets just say we did a lot of handline construction and in lots of brush..any way we pretty much got the fire under control or at least we hope. Oh yeah I almost forgot we got to ride on a blackhawk helicopter today so that was something new
how you may ask am I on the computer telling you this...well we got demobed from this fire and are now available for reassingment and since we got demobbed late in the afternoon they put us up in a hotel room . Yep I am staying at a hotel...it is a super nice one too so that is pretty exciting......well that is all for know hopefully we go someplace out of state next!!!!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Zaca Redo
Posted by Amy at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
one day please write a book on your fire fighting adventures and use your pictures in the book. They are beautiful
Yay for a hotel stay! I bet there was a shower with that! ;)
A ride on a blackhawk helicopter sounds way cool!
Yay for free fancy hotel rooms!
You have more adventures than anyone I know - it's so fun hearing about what you're doing :)
Post a Comment