CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Big News

So the other day I said I had some big news and here it is

I accepted a new job!!!!!!!!

I am going to be working in Alaska this summer. Yes I am still going to be fighting fires, but I am no longer going to be on a hotshot crew. Yes I will definitely miss being on a crew but at the same time I think it is time for me to take the next step. I have never been to Alaska before but have always wanted to go so it will be a big change, I am excited and scared. I am going to be working as a fire suppression specialist. what is that you ask. well go here and it will give you a little more info about what I will be doing.

I am starting work on Apr 14. I have yet to figure out if I should drive or fly. I am going to be stationed at a remote location for part of the time, so I wouldnt even be able to use my car then. I haven't really had the chance to talk to the guy that I am going to be working for yet, I dont know a whole lot yet.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated and I will take lots of pictures. It is just like me job now in the aspect of I will be working 6 months and then having 6 months of, I am still considered a full time employee and I get benefits and everything like that. So come fire season I new chapter of my life is about to begin. stay tuned for the adventureLink

6 comments:

randi said...

Congratulations! That is SO awesome!!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Alaska.

Stephie said...

I'll say it again, Yea Mammie!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

wow, how cool! good for you! that'll be sweet to see pictures.

AJ said...

Congrats! That is wonderful!

My step sister and her husband and kids are in Fairbanks until June, he's in the army. My dad and step mom are visiting them this week. The pics they take are always amazing. It's so beautiful. Good luck and have fun!

Diana said...

Sweet!! Be sure to post lots of pics because I would love to go to Alaska some day. Be safe.

rae rae said...

Congrats on the new job! Your jobs are always an adventure!