CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 02, 2008

whats up

so what have I been doing you ask?

a whole lot of nothing....just trying to stay busy at work until we get some fires, whenever that may be...who knows. it was super nice over the weekend and I thought we might be on our way to having a fire season...well today it is cloudy and cooler again.

at least we got our garden planted yesterday....ok not our garden...it is more one of our dispatcher hilary's garden but it is in front of my house and I helped her plant it. She will be here most of the summer so she will be able to care for it more than me. I hopefully will be off fighting fires and not here.


here are a few things that I have been doing since I have been here in Galena

working out...I work out 2 sometimes 3 times a day....a run in the morning, lifting weights in the afternoons and sometimes after work when I have nothing to do I go over to the old airforce gym with a couple of people and workout somemore. I figure in order to avoid going insane from having nothing to do I might as well be in shape..right

I have not had any carbonated beverages...ok I take that back I have had beer....but no soda since I have been here....I am trying to see how long I can go without soda

Fast food...it does not exist here in galena so I do not eat it

My bed time is much later now than it has been in the past.....being that it doesn't get dark anymore..the sunsets but it doesn't get dark. you forget what time it is and if you aren't paying attention to the time you end up staying up later than you had planned.

The mosquitoes are out now and so are the leaves on the trees..it is super pretty with the leaves and the river here, but the I can tell that the bugs could get bad fast and then I will be retreating indoors

I thought about more for this post on my run this morning but now I just can't seem to remember what that was.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I'm jealous! I wish I could workout once a day!!

Unknown said...

Does it still snow there? Does it get below freezing. Sorry, I'm not to bright but I want to know. What does one grow in the garden? I don't think it warm enough or the growing season is long enough for even tomatoes or peppers.