CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin time

Yesterday Andrew and I carved pumpkins. It was the first time in a long time that I have carved one and let me tell you it was way different than I remember.

First off Andrew requested gloves to clean the "guts" out...... what I remember was the fun of pulling all the slimy "guts" out
There was a left over carving kit here at my house from last year when andrew and his dad carved one. I told andrew that he could pick one of the patterns or desgin his own! He chooses design his own. I am like sweet we will carve some eyes, mouth, and nose......he ask me to do one of the patterns I say ok Ill try one.

Well andrew was drawing his design on his pumpkin and then asked me to help carve it. I go over and look...holy crap that is no eyes, ears, and mouth it was a very intracite design.....but it turned out fairly well


As for mine...well I tried to do this skeleton thing and it is ok, but I think that it will be better when it is dark.......I am going for the plain simple pumpkins the next time!!!! to much work with these crazy patterns

3 comments:

AJ said...

You're such a good Aunt! Very cute pumpkins!

Unknown said...

I like your nephew's pumpkin cleaning techniques.

alanna rose said...

I love Andrew's Pumpkin!