CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Alive and waiting for a fire in the Grand Canyon

Well I have a few minutes of internet time so I am posting a quick update. The internet is super slow but at least I can check my email every now and then.

So We left for the Grand Canyon about a week ago and didn't even make it out of CA before we got a fire call.We drove down to Tuscon AZ and went to a fire for a day. It was pretty much out when we got there but we went out for a shift added bonus was that we got a helicopter ride to and from the fire camp (pictures will be added later).

Then we had to get a truck fixed so we spent a bunch of time at a horrible mall in Tuscon. At least it was a cooler day. So after that we headed up to Flgstaff AZ to spend the night....if any of you have been to flagstaff it is a really fun town so we all went out and had a good time. Flagstaff bar scene kind of reminds me of Houghton.

After that it was on to the granc canyon. Were we have been doing a fuels project. We have been using chainsaws to reduce the amount of fuel so that if a fire was to come through the area they would be able to defend the park. Anyway we spend our off time here hanging out at the north rim bar and trying to stay out of trouble.

We did have one other fire call but we didn't make it to the fire before we got canceled and had to return to the canyon, but we did get to stay in a hotel so that was nice. Anyway I better get going since I have to get up at 6:00 A.M to run.......hopefully I don't die on the run cuz I almost did today.

I will post pictures once we get back.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

don't kill yourself! I hope dying on the run was from tired, not from a potential snake bite or something.

randi said...

Stay safe and cool! I can't wait to see pictures. :)

AJ said...

Ugh, if Michigan is this hot, I can't imagine CA or AZ!

Stephie said...

Yay! you're alive! Glad to hear things are going good, try to not die on your runs though, you have some important plans coming up here ;)

alanna rose said...

Good to hear everything is okay, sounds like work is exciting and exhausting :)

Erika said...

can't wait to see the pictures!

Laura said...

Hurray for being safe! Stay that way!

rae rae said...

I can't wait to see your pics. Thanks for updating us on your exciting life!

Anonymous said...

Awesome site! It is great to be able to keep up with ya!
Stay safe and don't be too crazy :)