CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 12, 2006

I hate posion oak

So for all of you that aren't familar with the west, they have what's called posion oak...its pretty close to the same thing as poison ivy...but it grows all over the place out here. Anyway in 2004 we were in a lot of it and I would break out with this nasty itchy rash.....sometime even blisters, and then last year I didn't get it at all.

Well yesterday we went out and did what we call a practice fire. We did everything the same as we would on a real fire. And when I woke up this morning my arm itched and well I turned on the light and what would ya know I have posion oak all over my arms. Im pissed I even kept my sleeves down so I wouldn't get it. I hope that this isn't what the rest of the season is gonna be like.

In other news. We have one more week of training left. My parents are going to be here later tonight and are staying for the weekend. I am taking them to see the park tommorow, and then at work we have family day on sunday. so it will be a good time. Also the lady at costco today did not believe I was 21 and then when I showed her my id she said "is that really what a MN liscence looks like"

Oh and for all of you wondering...well my pull-ups didn't quite go as planned. I did two that counted and another two where I couldn't quite get my chin over the bar....oh well all is good

2 comments:

Erika said...

bummer. i hate poison ivy. blah.
and i can relate to getting a hard time about ID. Nobody believes that the picture on mine is me so I've been denied at several establishments as well. i had one lady quiz me: what's your birthday? what's your address? and when I got them right, she still said "no". THEN WHY ASK??? I hate stupid people.
hope the calamine lotion is workin' for ya.

Lesley said...

oh darn, you poor babies that look too young... just wait a few years, I used to get harassed too, but not anymore, and I miss it.