Well I have known that this may happen for a while but it is official now so I guess I can write about it. The Superintendent our hotshot crew has taken a new position. It is a good move for him but it means that things with work are going to change. and I am not sure how I feel about it. I know that change can be good but it is gonna be hard. our Supt has been in charge of the crew for 10yrs and has also been on the crew since 1986 I think....so know all the leadership positions are going to change
Basically for those who do not know the way the crew is set up is like this Superintendent........operations foreman (captain)......logistics foreman (captain which currently is vacant) then 2 squad bosses who work for the operations foreman, senior firefighters (me) and seasonal crew members...
As of know I think that the operations captain is gonna move into the supt role and then the squad bosses will most likely move up to captains positions so then that leaves the squad boss positions to be filled...... that is where it gets kind of screwy. from what I heard they are gonna fill them from within the crew.....which means us senior firefighters.....but there are 3 that this will be our 2nd year as seniors and 2 whose first year is this season. and the problem is I dont know who they will pick. it will be frustrating for me if the guys who this is there first season as seniors get moved up ahead of me..... I hope to move into a squad boss role but if I am not chosen I can deal with it.
I have looked at a couple of different jobs but dont know if I want to apply to them until I find out who is going to fill the squad boss jobs, because if I get one of them I will stay with the crew.
Hopefully they figure out what is going to happen next week cuz I hate not knowing. I could babble on forever about this cuz there are alot more of what ifs but I am going to stop myself now
Who knows what is in store for this season...I guess I will have to wait and see.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Ch ch changes galore
Posted by Amy at 5:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good luck Amy, I know that you'd be great at it. I've always thought that you have a lot of leadership skills, I think you'd fill the role quite naturally!
Good luck....I hope you get the position. I agree with AJ that you are a natural leader...it would be to their benefit for you to fill the role!!
I too hate waiting and changes. Good luck. Hope you find things out soon!
I'm thinking about you :)
Post a Comment