CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Something New


I needed something new on the top of my blog so I thought I would put one of my favorite pictures up. I took this picture on I fire In WA. we did a trails sweep to make sure no one was on them before we closed them and well this is where my trail took me to. Let me tell you it was a bitch to get there but the view was well worth it. If you can't tell the top of the mountian is a glacier.... and there were like 10 waterfalls coming down into this lake

In other news the rest of the crew comes on Sunday so we will soon be closer to being ready to go on fires...

Also today I found out why I wasn't chosen for the squad boss job and it really pissed me off. Especially after I was told that I interviewed really well better than the others. He gave me some excuse about why they chose the others and after you hear them you know that it pretty much comes down to the fact that I am a girl. Of course they would never say that but there has never been a girl in that position and I think they are afraid to put one there.

well its almost time for thursday TV. Things better be good tonight on Greys

3 comments:

rae rae said...

yes, discrimination is still alive and well in the US, even as much as everyone hates to admit it. Hopefully someday....

Danielle Michelle said...

Doesn't that just totally piss you off? I rarely run nto a squad boss that is a girl (granted, we are outnumbered) but every one I know does a great job. I'm currently trying for that this summer myself. USFS is a bit better because they are scared of lawsuits. Bummer kiddo - maybe time to try for another group eh?

Kara said...

What a bunch of BS for why you were not chosen. I too would be extremely upset.

I love the picture......it is absolutely amazing!!