CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

in case you haven't figured it out

I am pretty sure that I am crazy!!!

Not that it is a bad thing. The reason I say this is because I ran a half marathon yesterday without training for it at all. Ok I guess I shouldn't say not training at all I guess you could consider work as training...although I couldn't tell you the last time we did a long run...or a hard run for that matter...and the last couple of fires we were on we didn't do a lot of hiking.

The race yesterday went pretty well. I finished in 1hr 58minutes....which was 4 minutes faster than what I did last year. I am definitely sore today. I thought I was going to die around mile 9 of the race... I was doing good till then but at the point I felt like my one calf muscle was going to explode so I slowed down a little at the point. 2 other guys that work on my crew ran it as well as a couple of other people from the park. I thought we were going to have torun in the rain but it stoppped raining right before the race and didn't start again til like an hour after we finished.

All in all the race went well, although it makes me wonder how well I could do if a actually trained for these things.....

Oh yeah the best part was that when you finished you got an ice cream sunday...who doesn't love ice cream!!!!!

1 comments:

AJ said...

You are totally crazy, and after 13 miles, you so deserve ice cream!