Yes that is right my fire season is over. We laid the crew off yesterday!!!!! That means that I only have a week or two left. I have lots I could say about this season but I don't think that I want to do that here......cuz you never know who could be reading this.
Anyway I have been gone for a while and yes I was down on the fires in Southern Cali. I was not on the ones in San Diego... We were assigned to the Santiago fire near Orange, CA. I am sure that you saw it on the news. it was a pretty big news maker mostly because it was an arson fire. Dont worry Ill blog about it later and post some pictures.... I just don't feel like doing it right now. It was nice to go on one last fire it helped out our total overtime for the season. Can you guess how many hours of overtime we ended up with this season. If you think you have any idea post a comment and later I will let you all know how many we did get. Laura (sis) and maura you guys can not guess that wouldn't be fair.
Anyway I have a four day weekend I am gonna pack and get some things done for when I am done, although I still dont know when that will be. I am hoping to be done the 16th but might not be done until the 21st so that would mean I would be driving home over thanksgiving and that would pretty much suck. So we will see how lucky I get.
lets see what else might I do this weekend. Oh maura, ben and I may go see into the wild tonight and then afterwards I may go hang out with one of the guys who was on the crew with me in 2004....he is in town on his way back to Colorado after his season was done, and then on Sunday I might run a half marathon. I am not sure about running it since we haven't run to much lately. I know that I could finish it no problem but I don't know how fast I would be. I still have the cross-country and track runner in me and I would be disappointed in myself if I ran it slower than the last time I ran one. Oh well we will see. Yes I know I am crazy running 13.1 miles without training.
oh yeah I got poison oak the worst that I have ever gotten it on this last fire it was crazy maybe Ill put up a picture but you wont recognize me. This week I spent forever on our crew slides how. I am happy with how it turned out......but it would have been better if I didn't have to do most of it in 2 days...I seriously worked on it for 20hrs straight one day.....maybe if I get good ill put a little clip of it on youtube but I dont know if I am that talented.
Thats all I got for now...but I will post about the fire soon.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Its all over( well almost)
Posted by Amy at 12:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Glad to hear you're safe and sound. I really have no clue on overtime hours - maybe 368? I don't know :)
Glad you made it through another season safely!
My guess is 472 hours. No clue.
I figured you got onto one. I'm way jealous 'cause I got called up to join a crew, but just couldn't leaver teaching for that long. It's so hard to try and pick back up where I left off. Glad you had good overtime season. I won't guess either since I have a pretty good idea!
I'll keep my fingers crossed you aren't driving home over the holidays. If you feel up to it Head South and you can spend Thanksgiving with us. We have plenty of room!
Happy to hear you are finished with another season. With all the news coverage everywhere I turned I was worried about you. You definitely need to let me know when you are around WI and we'll meet up. OR...we could meet in Minne with Head and Erika and anyone else who wants to join us.
2500 is my guess :)
Post a Comment