CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quick update

Things are going well. I am in Dawson Creek B.C. Which is the offical start of the Alaskan Highway!

The trip has been going well so far. The first chunk was really boring like 1000 miles of boringness...pretty much like driving through the plain states of ND, NE, SD and such. and then once I got north of edmenton things got better. it was like driving thru northern MN.

I am about half-way there, but this part might be a little slower because it is when I start hitting the mountains and such.

It is weird driving and not having my cell phone to talk on. I have service in places but don't want to use it and have to pay canadian fees.

well here are some things that I have learned

speed limits are 110....km/hr that is
gas costs on average $1.20....... a litre

oh yeah I saw a moose on the side of the road yesterday

it stays light late here. I knew that they have like 22 hrs of daylight in the summer, but it didn't click that the days would be long now as well.

I slept in my car last night...yep it was nice and comfy.....I just pulled over in a turnout and moved a couple of things to the front seat and then pulled out my sleeping bag and quilt and slept pretty well...except that it got light out way early...so I was up early......

well I am stealing the internet from the super 8 so I better get back to driving...why didn't I stay here you ask well because hotel rooms are like a 100 bucks and I am cheap and my car is comfy

2 comments:

AJ said...

Glad to hear it's going well. Keep driving safely!

Unknown said...

Wow! Comfy sleeping in a car, seeing a moose, and already being half way there. I am impressed. Take lots of pictures please.