Well, my first week of work is over. All went pretty well.
I was in training all week and will be all of next week, so that kind of sucks, but at the same time I am learning alot
I found out that I will be going out to Galena earlier than I had thought, I figured I would be going out in late may, but it turns out that I am heading out there around may 5th...well actually I am heading to some villages first to train some of the native crews there, and then I am heading to galena. it will be an experience to see some of these villages.
what else do I know, hmm last night a bunch of us headed out to watch one of the guys play at a local bar.....so all you techies will love this. The university of Alaska Fairbanks is here in town and I learned yesterday that they have a bar on campus in the their student union building...it was definitely different walking into a building like the mub to go to the bar. Although I am sure that the students here need to drink in the winter when it is dark for like 22 hrs aday....but it was pretty fun.
not much in store tonight, just kind of chillin it was 50 degrees out today cloudy but 50 and most of the locals broke out the flip-flops and shorts...yes I am serious.
I think most people here are ready for spring to roll around. hopefully it comes soon, because the sooner it does the sooner I get busy
One that cracks me up is that growing up in Northern MN I am used to seeing and doing it myself....what is that you may ask.....plugging in your car when it is cold. At home lots of people plug there car in so it will start in the morning, but it is nothing like here.....you see places to plug you car in everywhere....at home it was just an extension cord run from somewhere....here they are everywhere
living on the military base is def different... I hear helicopters and shooting at all sorts of hours.....we live and work right by the runway hence the helicopters and across the river behind our housing is woods, hence the shooting exercises.
Another difference is that to run outside you are supposed to wear this bright green reflective sash... One day Ill take a picture of mine it is sexy.
well that is all for the time being
later gators
Saturday, April 19, 2008
life on fort wainwright
Posted by Amy at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
a bar in the MUB. I just can't envision it. it would've been a good source of revenue for Tech though.
Post a Comment