Last night was a big night in Galena....High school graduation. A few of us headed out to the the dance at the town hall...it was kind of like a wedding...lots of kids dancing to the band and lots of people there. Well lots for Galena. The funny thing was that it didn't even start until like 11;30pm yep that is when it got hopping. the band ended at 1:00 and then people hit the bar...it was funny being at the bar... I was like one of 5 white people there so everyone wanted to know where I was from..the helicopter pilot and I worked out a deal to look out for each other...make sure none of the crazy bar locals tried anything funny. He is a younger pilot by younger I mean my age...lots of the pilots we have are older. I haven't ever really hung out with the pilots before but so far this year it has been fun getting to know them. We went with two of our cooks who have been around for a while and both the helicopter pilot and I are new so we weren't sure what to expect. I am not sure how he wanted me to look out for him but hey it ok it was a fun time and he did have to scare one drunk guy away and I did have to make this old woman leave him alone. .... we came home at 3:00 or so and it was just getting dark...or maybe it was getting light again. I don't know...it seems to not ever really get dark I discovered....all in all it was a pretty fun night....and yes i did dance....
in other news I may have to make my blog private...I don't really want to but since i know use the work computers to update I think I may have to go that route. I do go private I will let you know and hopefully makes sure everyone can still view it.
Tommorow is another day off...no big plans..I will probably go and try to get some firewood for our sauna since we are running low.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Graduation in Galena
Posted by Amy at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
OH! You've met a boy! All I meet are new HS graduates and they call me 'mom' and ask for advice about college. Or they could be my dad.
So Amy...romance in Alaska?
Is he at least cute?
Danielle totally jumed to the conclusion I did too:)
So by "younger" did you actually mean "cute and single?"
I was thinking the same as AJ and Danielle. A picture of him would be nice. Is he the one you danced with?
Yes, I am nosy.
apparently we all think alike! so is younger equal to not so bad to look at or what? ;)
I'm in the same boat - we need more info!
I would love to be on both blogs! melissamet@hotmail.com
Can't wait to hear the stories :)
Post a Comment