thats what this week has been. There are not many people around our little station this week so that means things are pretty mellow...no bosses just everyone doing there own thing totally not what I was used to but I like it
so my boss calls on tuesday and says "Amy your in charge"
I am like of What'
him the helicopter!
me ok
(but in my head I am like I don't know crap about managing a helicopter since my class that I took wasn't that great)
so for the last couple of days I have been in charge of the helicopter.....it doesn't take much when it isn't flying much.....just some paperwork...
but the point of this story is that I have figured out that they do things differently in Alaska...in the lower 48 they would have never let someone do stuff if they didn't have the qualifications to do it lisited on their red card, the gov is weird and even though you may be way qualifed to do a job if your red card doesn't say it you can't do it...here they are more like you are the only one there that is semi qualified to do it just do it.....I like that they are like that it will give me way more nad better experience than I was getting.
well I should get back to work
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Mellow
Posted by Amy at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is so cool!! I'd be so happy that I would wax the helicopter until it shined. Amy you are a leader!!
Post a Comment