
So a couple of days agomyself and two other guys got the job of going out and getting rid of a tree that had fallen across a trail that we run on. The other part of our assingment was called the creek project. well we took care of the log no problem. Then we go down to the creek and earlier when we ran by I didn't think it would be hard to remove the 2 logs that were blocking the culvert. Well I must not have been thinking (due to the lack of oxygen) earlier cuz it turned out to be a little harder than we thought. First of all we discivered that that logs were so water logged that they weighed much more than originally thought. Then we realized that the sand from the creek bottom had buried the one end of the log. But don
't worry we used some alternative methods of log removal and got the logs out of the creek, and the creek is now flowing properly through the culv
ert and not causing a huge mess. Oh but wait I forgot about how when we finallly removed the log we had it sitting on the creek bank, but now that water was flowing properly the bank started washing away and the log that we had just removed almost ended up right where it had startedWhen I mentioned that the lake was kind of cold when I swam in it I was mistaking........the water in this creek was way cold. i was only in to right below my knees and well lets ju
st say that my legs were numb....I wish I had a pic of all three of us in the water removing the log.
Thanks for all the comments about my pictures. Picture taking is something that i like to do and you never know where one day you may see them. If you go to my parents house you can see some big prints hanging on the walls.
Today it was super chilly here. I was suprised. I even had to start a fire in my cabin tonight. hopefully it warms up again soon or else it could be a long season of doing crazy projects.....liker the creek project
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Creek Project
Posted by Amy at 7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How many hours until you'll be in MI??? Let the count down begin!
Have a safe flight Mammie :)
Post a Comment