CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Well I am finally able to add pictures to my blog. we are back at home and i am fina;y posting pictures from my time in AZ. the first picture is of the grand canyon......from the north rim.
Its not the best picture I have taken but that is the canyon





The next picture is of a bunch of the guys drinking beers on the veranda of the north rim.......they are looking at the view in the picture above.....there are chairs that are even closer to the edge of the rim but they were sitting in the back row





This is a view of the colorado river. we are standing on an old bridge looking at the new one. before these bridges were built you had to travel a huge distance to get across the river (because of the canyon) it was cool because near the bridge we saw a bunch of Calofornia Condors, which are an endangered species and are being reintroduced into the wile. they are huge birds and it was cool to see them


Look its me getting ready for our helicopter ride home from the Romero fire (the 1st fire we went to) they make us wear our chinstraps so we all look funny





This is from the La Barracha (not sure on spelling) fire. It is my friend jake cutting a piece of fire line. there were lots of cactus and other prickly plants on this fire along with the crazy bugs that I had talked about before.





The last one that I have for now is also from the La Barracha fire. the red that you see is a retardent drop that an air tanker just finished dropping. it is supposed to prevent the fire from spreading when the fire reaches it, but most of the time it doesn't work and just turns the hill red.

I am super excited because I also just got a CD with all the pictures that Cara took on our trip to South America. so eventually I will post pictures from that trip.....but not today since I have had enough of this internet cafe to last me for a long time. I am on a day off, but am getting paid so that makes me happy...but at the same time I have a ton of stuff to do and haven't done any of it yet and since my computer battery is about to give out will get going.

I am super excited that I get next weekend off for stephie's wedding so I can't wait to see lots of people there.

time to venture out into fresno.....not fun but oh well

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry I missed your call, we were visiting Nana. You look so hot in all your gear! You must have to beat the boys off with your axe!

Stephie said...

I can't wait to see you too! Love the chin straps, are those new?

Amy said...

we only wear the chinstraps when we are in helicopters.