CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Fires o my


Well we have been pretty busy lately. I just hope that it keeps up. Anyway after a run to Nevada where we saw lots of cows, grass, sage brush, jackrabbits and fire oh yeah lots of thunderstorms and even some hail (although that was only at the beginging of the run). we just had three days off. I didn't do to much exciting...drank a couple of beers with some friends that I hadn't seen in awhile, watched me, you and dupree...good flick....I laughed a lot....and went to puppy classes with maura and her puppy lilly. It was a good few days off.

We become available for fires monday morning eventhough we have to work tomorrow we are unavailable so we can get a bunch of stuff done in the office. We are now at preparedness level 5 which is as high as it gets so basically it means that we should go right back out again on a fire becuase resources are limited.

lets see what highlights do I have from the last run....not many that I can think of right now it was a long run and I have forgotten everything in the last couple of days.

oh yea some of you may have heard a about a burnover that occured to some other hotshots. well they are all doing fine. We were on the way to that fire but we got turned around and sent to a new start....so we not involved in the accident, but we did spend the next two days on that fire.

0 comments: