CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 10, 2006

One little fire

Well we went to a little fire on Tuesday morning. it wasn't far from here well actually it took a while to drive there but by air miles it wasn't far. There wasn't much excitment except that I felt horrible. There as been some sort of Bug (cold/flu) thing going around our crew which we like to refer to as the hiv and well I just thought I was havinga bad day on mon and feeling sore from lifting weights the day before but on tuesday morning I realized that actually the hiv had hit me and it hit hard. It was kind of like the flu when your body just aches and you can tell you have a fever and you want to curl up and die. Then it turned into sore throat and a cough. but if I was smart I would have taken a day off work but I am not that smart so I toughed it out and felt like I was going down the whole time. but now I am feeling better

well we spent today in station and it is frusrtatin cuz there are a lot of fire burning out there and we want to be fighting them. Hopefully the call will come soon. But if it doesn't I have the next two days off.
well time to go hang out with some of the guys....a beer sounds tasty

6 comments:

Kara said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It must be hard to kick the flu bug when you are doing tough work!!!

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle Michelle said...

I got sick too for a few days, fever, running nose, headache while on fire...must be a fire bug! Sorry you're stuck! I'm bumming 'cause my crew is going back out on Mon or Tues and I ave to start teaching again ;( We have hopes they are raising the whole 'stuck in the region' BS

Laura said...

I hope you feel better! I hate being sick. I can't imagine being sick and having to do lots of physical stuff... you are so tough!

karen c konkel said...

Good to know you're feeling better. I'd tell you how tough you are but you knew that already! You're such a bad ass! :) A beer does sound good. Too bad they frown on drinking at work. :)

Stephie said...

I love that you call it the hiv.... we called all the random, unexplainable rashes, colds, aches and pains that at saginaw, I sometime forget and tell my high schoolers they have it, but they don't quite get it ;)