Winter Camping
So last weekend I set off to go winter camping in one of my favorite places. Yep the Boundary Waters. A good time was had by most. Except probably for the guy who fell and hit his head before we even started hiking…and also by the girl who ended up driving him back to civilization.
We hiked the 3-4 miles into jap lake. It kind of sucked cuz there wasn’t any snow so it was either icy or mushy. Plus some of our secret trail had had burnt last year so we had to make some new routes in. It was beautiful on Friday and Saturday. I mean we could wear t-shirts and luke decided to wear shorts. We caught lots of yummy lake trout. Which was a good thing because if we didn’t we would have went hungry. Since we planned on eating them for dinner. We even caught enough to bring home.
Sunday morning we woke up to rain…which sucked. It is bad enough packing up gear when it is raining but also when it rains it turns the ice on the lakes into slush. And also melts what snow is left. Needless to say our packs weighed more coming out than they did coming in and the trail was messier on the way out. Oh well I am sure that we all fell a few times but no big deal. Although I was pissed I ripped a hole in my nice rain jacket. Guess that means time for a new one..
Best part was that is was so sunny nad the sun reflects off of the ice so we all came back with good tans. And we got some good food on the gunflint trail on the way out. I can’t wait to do it again next year!!
Friday, March 30, 2007
Winter Camping
Posted by Amy at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I don't know how you do it! I can pee outside, but not poop. I'd so rather camp in a hotel. ;)
Did you cook and eat your fish?
Fun, fun! When do you head back out this way?
I'm so jealous! Sounds like you had a great time winter camping.
Looks beautiful. I would feeze fishing out there.
Post a Comment