CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Big Hill Part #1

Well I went skiing a gain last night and I dont think that I ever really talked about the first time down the big hill, but it is much harder in the dark than it is during the day.

First time we went Luke went firstand he wiped out early going down the hill. There is one point when you get a little air because of a dip in the trail...well when you go down with a headlamp you totally lose the trail. Well I watched Luke fall over so I kind of knoew where to go.... I made it farther down than he did but then you hit this big curve and well that it where I lost it....


Needless to say my goal is to make it down the hill by the time the winter is over.

So last night....Luke makes me go first down the hill....lets say first is harder.... Made it down a ways but kept picking up speed and I knew that I was going to lose it sooner or later and didn't want to be going 100 miles an hour. So I ended up falling. I then get up and try ot keep going but Lukes dog rainy decided that wasnt going to happen and ran into me, which lead to a face plant in the snow. Then as I was getting up I decided to stay where there was a little more snow so it wouldn't be as slick.....well next thing I know my ski is caught on a little tree and before I can get it out, I realize that I am now in the bushes.

There is a reason this cross-country ski trail has a bypass around this hill, but I will not take it...I will make it down this hill even if it kills me

2 comments:

Diana said...

I give you credit for trying and trying and trying....I do not like downhill skiing. X-country is much safer!! Let's see pics when you make it down!

Laura said...

Nope no explosion