...........or so I hope. It is getting into late october and we have been in station for quite some time now. We are doing all sorts of little projects around the station but mostly I have been working on our end of the season slideshow so I have been going through all sorts of pictures picking out the best ones and putting them together into a slideshow.
Most likely the seasonals will have 2 weeks of work left or if the weather stays nice like it has been then there is a chance that it will be 3 more weeks for them plus 2 more for me. I am hoping it is sooner than later.
there comes a point when you can only spend so much time in station. If we go to more fires great I will work till when ever there aren't any fires.... (well I should say till fire danger or the possiblity of doing perscribed burns end cuz there are no fires now) So basically we are all counting down the days although we don't really know when we will get laid off.
Here I am burning up a tree that has a marker on it saying that it is a wildlife tree and to not damage the tree. Opps!!!
In other news. my good friend Nick, who I have worked with the past few years is coming home. Nick took this season off to go to Iraq to be a contract firefighter. He has been on a military base near bagdad since june and was supposed to be there for a year, but for many reasons I ma not sure of all of them yet he has decided to come home. I am glad that he is coming back because it means that I wont have to worry about him as much.
Here is paul conducting a burn out operation. It is always fun to light things on fire especially when they burn up good like this fire was!
Sunday, October 22, 2006
The end is getting nearer.......
Posted by Amy at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You do take good pictures. :)
Glad you're coming back soon!
Remember, you've got people to visit in Minneapolis!
See you soon!
Yay for coming back soon! You won't believe how big G is since you saw her last!
Awesome picture. I am so glad that you are coming home!!! When will your next trip to MI be?
Post a Comment