CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Snow

Well It snowed here yesterday. Just a little bit and it was all gone by early this morning. It was kind of a suprise because we didn't think that there was going to be a storm. and right now it is cold nad I think that my fingers are going to fall off.

Tommorow is friday for me. Yippee!!!

There are santa anna winds predicted in LA so that means there can be a high fire danger down there. so you never know. my fire season may not be over yet.

On Monday we went out to a fire that has been burning in the park for quite a while (it is one that they just monitor and let it do its thing) anyway I was excited because I got the chance to cut down a couple of pretty big trees. One was about 28 inches in diameter and the other one was 26in. My cuts were good so I was happy since it was the first time this year that I got the chance to cut anything really big.

The best part is that the saw that I was using had a 36 inch bar on it so with the power head of the saw it was close to 50in tall so that means it wasn't much smaller than me.

Here is a picture that I found....I don't think I was that happy that I was having my picture taken

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the weekend! And yay for big trees!

Anonymous said...

I think you've given me that look before Mammie ;)
Ditto Laura on the big tree yay!

Kara said...

I love the picture. The way the light is hitting you looks awesome!!